Where you can make a difference:
Clickatell is the technology company that enables brands to delight their customers with innovative, customer-centric solutions, giving them more time for what really matters.
The design team is part of the Clickatell marketing organization. As the Clickatell Creative Director, you will be responsible for all of Clickatell’s brand assets and day to day operation of the Clickatell’s design organization in Cape Town. This includes brand consistency on creatives across all content including acquisition campaigns, videos, sales collateral, events and any other internal and external visual communication. You will be reporting to our CMO.
You will be a hands-on visual design lead with a proven track record of delivering amazing visual brand experiences, particularly in the technology and services sectors. You are a self-starter, comfortable leading small design teams and eager to be instrumental in amplifying the Clickatell brand around the world.
The Role of our Champion:
- Lead the brand strategy discussions to assist with developing brand strategies that are aligned with the marketing and overall business objectives.
- Conduct analysis and periodical review of brand, competitive, category, customer and consumer trends to enhance the brand’s equity and marketplace performance.
- Verify that new features and content requested by various departments are consistent with the overall business strategy and brand.
- Ensure high level of consistency between brand guidelines and objectives, campaign creative, website page copy and online user experience design.
- Visual steward of the brand, in order to visually support the Clickatell brand promise, vision, position, architecture and overall business goals.
- Enhance and maintain Clickatell design language and brand guidelines.
CAMPAIGN CREATIVE MANAGEMENT
- Oversee and deliver digital campaign creative design & development in line with brand guidelines for Clickatell offerings.
- Oversee creation and development of visual content for offline advertising, key stakeholder-or internal presentations and sales collateral that is consistent with brand guidelines.
- Own creative design and production of assets to support channel mix required to deliver on the campaign plans.
- Manage people and process to create the collateral for stakeholders to leverage. Such as: banner ads, social graphics, email invites, sizzle slides, sizzle videos, web assets, blog posts and promo videos.
- Daily project management of creative production of campaign projects and ensure campaigns go-live in full coordination with the sales and marketing team stakeholders.
- Provide administrative management and leadership to the design team and be a team and design function champion within the organization.
- Oversee all in-house and out-source design projects and ensure delivery with the highest levels of quality and attention to detail.
- Responsible for vendor management of outsourced design work.
The Capabilities of our Champion:
- Live up to our values: Be the Champion! Be Curious, Collaborative, Courageous and Creative!
- Excellent communication – strong written and oral communication skills which can be adapted to a range of audiences
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work reliably and responsibly with internal and external colleagues
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Organized with a keen eye for detail
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Willingness to assist with or perform tasks outside of own job description and function as required
- Ability to take on responsibility, ownership and accountable for results and actions
- Creativity in problem solving & the ability to translate highly technical concepts into logical process flows
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Understanding of and commitment to user-centric design principles & methods
- Technologically literate and have a fascination for how technology can shape our everyday life
- Strong project management and coordination skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Our Champion's Journey so far:
- 7+ years of design experience
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Most recent work experience at a technology company and/or focus in digital visual design is highly desired.
- Expert working knowledge of Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of popular online collaboration tools
- Strong team leadership and collaboration skills
- Proven success at managing multiple projects, schedules and resources
- Ability to provide direction and manage external visual design providers
- Demonstrated experience in software (web/mobile) application UI/UX design is a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Visual Design or related area
Why you will love being here:
- Competitive salary paid monthly
- Medical aid contributions
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Pension fund contribution
- Group life cover
- Communication allowances
- Undercover parking
- Half day off on your birthday
- 5 “personal” days leave a year, over and above your normal annual leave.
- Staff events, daily popcorn, snacks, cool offices. All the things that make Clickatell a fantastic place to work.
Preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the Company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!