Network Operations Centre Consultant (NOCC)
Division: Clickatell Transact
Title: Network Operations Centre Consultant (NOCC)
Where you can make a difference:
Clickatell is the technology company that enables brands to delight their customers with innovative, customer-centric solutions, giving them more time for what really matters.
The Network Operations Centre Consultant has three main responsibilities:
- Ensure maximum possible service availability and performance through monitoring and incident management
- Provide great client service through fast response times and accurate reporting
- Provide interdepartmental support
The Role of our Champion:
- Contract hours, shift work environment, including schedule adherence.
- Monitoring network and services for events or conditions that require special attention, to avoid degradation of our systems and service performance.
- Respond promptly to service requests and outages.
- Single point of contact for technical issues and incidents.
- Participate in incident management process and refinement of the process.
- Drive service excellence in alignment with ITIL best practices.
- Analyse problems, perform troubleshooting, communicate with second level support and other NOC’s as well as track problems through resolution.
- Escalated problems to the appropriate personnel ro suppliers and track resolution developments until the problem is resolved.
- Provide first line user support.
- Monitor all open incidents and follow up on outstanding requests as well as to provide feedback on outstanding requests to users on a regular basis.
- Compile handover reports for the next shift.
- Attends group and general staff meetings.
The Capabilities of our Champion:
- Basic knowledge of the OSI model, switching and internet routing technologies
- Basic knowledge of Linux shell
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint proficient
- Able to collate and interpret data from various sources
- Ability to assess faults, prioritises, respond and escalate accordingly
- Capable of multitasking, good time management and prioritisation of workload
Our Champion's Journey so far:
- Must understand and demonstrate sound working knowledge of:
- Networking, from Ethernet to IP
- Operating systems, from bare steel to network services
- IP networks, including but not limited to working knowledge of
- DHCP, DNS, SMTP, FTP, HTTP
- Minimum of 2 years NOC experience
- Minimum of 1 year working experience with ITIL Incident Management
- Minimum of 2 years working experience with troubleshooting hardware and / or software.
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal)
- ITIL Certified (Foundation V3)
- IT Diploma
- SQL scripting experience advantageous.
Why you will love being here:
- Competitive salary paid monthly
- Medical aid contributions
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Pension fund contribution
- Group life cover
- Communication allowances
- Undercover parking
- Half day off on your birthday
- 5 “personal” days leave a year, over and above your normal annual leave.
- Staff events, daily popcorn, snacks, cool offices. All the things that make Clickatell a fantastic place to work.
Preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the Company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met.