Division: Clickatell Engage
Title: Design Director
Where you can make a difference:
Clickatell is a technology company that specializes in helping brands delight their customers with innovative, customer-centric solutions, giving them more time for what really matters.
We are looking for a Director of Design, who will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Clickatell Engage division’s design organization and the creative management of all Clickatell’s brand assets. This includes brand consistency on advertising creative across all media, sales collateral and any other customer-facing outgoing communication. You will be reporting to our EVP of Products & Marketing.
The Role of our Champion:
- Lead the brand strategy discussions to assist with developing brand strategies that are aligned with the marketing and overall business objectives.
- Conduct analysis and periodical review of brand, competitive, category, customer and consumer trends to enhance the brand’s equity and marketplace performance.
- Verify that new features and content requested by various departments are consistent with the overall business strategy and brand.
- Ensure high level of consistency between brand guidelines and objectives, campaign creative, website page copy and online user experience design.
- Visual steward of the brand, in order to visually support the Clickatell brand promise, vision, position, architecture and overall business goals.
- Maintain brand guidelines documentation.
CAMPAIGN CREATIVE SUPPORT
- Oversee and attend to ongoing design requirements of offline advertising media, key stakeholder-or internal slide-ware and sales collateral that is consistent with brand guidelines.
- Advertising campaign creative design & development in line with brand guidelines.
- Oversee creation of media team campaign creative and development
- Daily project management of creative production of campaign projects and ensure campaign go-live in full coordination with the marketing team.
- Provide administrative management and leadership to the design team and be a team and design function champion within the organization.
- Responsible for vendor management of outsourced design work.
- Oversee all in-house and out-source design projects and ensure delivery with the highest levels of quality and attention to detail.
The Capabilities of our Champion:
- Live up to our values: Be the Campion! Be Curious, Collaborative, Courageous and Creative!
- Excellent communication – strong written and oral communication skills which can be adapted to a range of audiences
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work reliably and responsibly with internal and external colleagues
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Organized with a keen eye for detail
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Willingness to assist with or perform tasks outside of own job description and function as required
- Ability to take on responsibility, ownership and accountable for results and actions
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Creativity in problem solving & the ability to translate highly technical concepts into logical process flows
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Understanding of and commitment to user-centric design principles & methods
- Technologically literate and have a fascination for how technology can shape our everyday life
- Strong project management and coordination skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Our Champion's Journey so far:
- A Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 7+ years of design experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of people management experience is highly desirable
- Expert working knowledge of Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Good working knowledge of HTML
- Strong team leadership and collaboration skills
- Proven success at managing multiple projects, schedules and resources.
- Ability to provide direction and manage external visual design providers.
Why you will love being here:
- Competitive salary paid monthly
- Medical aid contributions
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Pension fund contribution
- Group life cover
- Communication allowances
- Undercover parking
- Half day off on your birthday
- 5 “personal” days leave a year, over and above your normal annual leave.
- Staff events, daily popcorn, snacks, cool offices. All the things that make Clickatell a fantastic place to work.
Preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the Company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please take your application as unsuccessful.